Ah Winter, a season favoured by many, especially exacerbated by the wonder of the magical festivities in December. However, many are not so keen on this end of year season. The weather gets drastically colder, and stress levels increase, with gift buying being continuously in the forefront of everyone’s minds.
Many will want to want to escape from the clutches of the cold weather and experience Winter sun destinations, the perfect way to relax during a season usually associated with stress. Here at Value Added Travel, our team seamlessly plan unforgettable holidays leaving you to create plenty of memories with loved ones filled with glorious sunshine! If you have been struggling to find Winter sun destinations, look no further! Here are our recommendations for those looking for hot holidays in December.
The Indian Ocean
The Indian Ocean is paradise all year round, with idyllic white sand beaches and some of the most amazing wildlife in the world. Many families, couples and individuals fall in love with this region during their first visit. You can forget about planning which coat to wear with your Winter outfit, sun can be found consistently throughout the year here, making it perfect for a Winter getaway!
Seychelles is a beautiful part of The Indian Ocean to explore, there really isn’t anything that compares to the colonial charm and beautiful sea life. If you’re a big fan of beach holidays, this will be the place for you! Here are some stunning beaches you can relax on during your visit:
- Petite Anse, Mahe– With crystal-clear waters, this beach is perfect for going snorkelling, especially for families!
- Anse La Passe, Silhouette Island – Located on the tremendously quiet Silhouette Island, this beach is part of Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa. This beach boasts warm, calm waters with a thriving coral reef. Perfect for aqua wildlife enthusiasts!
- Anse Source d’Argent, La Digue – This gorgeous beach has been made famous by featuring in Hollywood Blockbusters and truly is a sight to see! The water is so clear that a snorkel and mask aren’t needed to witness the water wildlife!
- Anse Lazio, Praslin – Praslin is the second biggest island in the Seychelles and is a perfect holiday destination for a romantic couple’s getaway. Anse Lazio is a super clean beach and famous for its glassy ocean, brilliant for taking an excellent Instagram photo (to make your friends at home jealous)!
St Lucia is one of seven thousand islands in The Caribbean, it is one of the most visited islands by tourists in the region and is famed for its picturesque scenery and volcanic activity. During your stay, you can explore the astonishing coral reefs, historic architecture, and tropical rain forests. This beautiful place really is paradise on earth!
St Lucia in the Winter months is most popular with UK tourists due to averaging 26°C and cultural Caribbean events taking place including street festivals, sailing and steel drum competitions. The expanse of lush terrain makes St Lucia unique from other beach holidays due to the jungle-based activities they offer. The open-air tram allows holidaymakers to see an array of tropical wildlife from exotic plants to localised birds and mammals – it is really a once in a lifetime experience. Aside from the unparalleled jungle experiences, St Lucia is also home to theUNESCO Site, The Wonders of The Pitons, two volcanic peaks located in Soufriere for those travellers looking to soak up world-class culture.
For tourists looking to visit this Caribbean suntrap, some of our favourite hotels include:
- Rendezvous: a couple’s all-inclusive resort labelled idyllic for a romantic getaway. Surround yourself with sandy white beach and tropical gardens perfect for a variety of activities. Guests looking for the ultimate indulgence can head to the onsite Champagne Bar, kick back and relax.
- Sandals Halcyon Beach: Its name precedes it in the most positive way, Sandals properties are known for their lavish locations and exquisite experiences, making it one of the most perfect hotels for those looking for luxury on their trip to St Lucia. Overlooking tranquil waters, teaming jungle and volcanic landscapes this sumptuous haven offers travellers everything Caribbean and more.
Lastly, but most certainly not least we have a European destination for those wanting some short haul sun! Although not as warm as the tropics with averaging temperatures of around 18°C, labelled “the island of eternal spring” its location enables consistent weather all year round. For those looking for some snappy vitamin C, the beautiful island of Maderia is sure to deliver along with sensational views from the volcanic cliffs.
Funchal is popular with UK travellers due to its capital city status and famed for its harbour, pristine gardens and of course the Maderia wine cellars. Not only that, but Funchal also holds the prestigious title of being Europe’s most picturesque and cleanest capital whilst the black-sand beaches are the perfect spot to enjoy freshly caught seafood and watch resident dolphins dance in the Atlantic.
Rated 4th best place for Winter sun by The Times, we can guarantee a holiday to Funchal, Madeira will live up to its reputation. Below are some top hotels we know you’ll love:
- Belmond Reid’s Palace: Just a little way out of Funchal overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, this boutique hotel offers glamour and timeless elegance, once welcoming Winston Churchill through its doors.
- Savoy Palace Hotel: Provides guests with contemporary modernism in the heart of Funchal, just walking distance from local attractions. Its cosmopolitan touch is coupled with island inspired beauty with the accommodation reflecting natural biodiversity.
If you weren’t already convinced our friendly team of travel experts specialise in finding the best deals and discounts for top hotels across the world. If you are looking to start planning your 2022 Winter getaway, be sure to get in touch to secure the most luxurious Winter break with the best UK price!