Need help finding your perfect holiday to Sri Lanka?
Contact your personal travel expert on 020 3670 0352
Day 01 - Arrival Transfer / Negombo
Meet on arrival at Bandaranayke International Airport by our Representative and transfer to Negombo – Check in at Hotel – Rest of the day at leisure – Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 02 - Negombo / Pinnawela / Sigiriya or Dambulla
Breakfast at Hotel – Leave for Dambulla or Sigiriya en route visit the Elephant Orphanage in Pinnawela - This orphanage is the home for about 89 elephants, out of which some are baby elephants found abandoned or orphaned in the wild. They are being cared, fed and trained by the wild life authorities. The best time to visit is during the feeding times, when one will have the opportunity of seeing the baby elephants being bottle-fed. Also could accompany the elephants to a river close-by and see them having their daily bath – Afternoon Climb the 5th century Sigiriya rock fortress which is a world heritage site, built by King Kashyapa (477-495 AD). The ‘Lion Rock’ is a citadel of unusual beauty rising 200 meters from the scrub jungle. The rock was the innermost stronghold of the 70 hectare fortified town. A moat, rampart, and extensive gardens including the renowned water gardens ring the base of the rock. Visit the world-renowned frescoes of the ‘Heavenly Maidens’ of Sigiriya, which are in a sheltered pocket of the rock approached by a spiral stairway. These frescoes are painted in earth pigments on plaster – Check in at Hotel – Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 03 - Sigiriya Or Dambulla / Kandy
Breakfast at Hotel – Leave for Kandy en route visit the Dambulla Rock Temple. Climb up to the temple, which was donated by king Walagambahu in the 1st century BC to Buddhist monks. Dambulla is a World Heritage site and is the most impressive of Sri Lanka’s cave temples. The complex of five caves with over 2000 sq. meters of painted walls and the ceiling is the largest area of paintings found in the world. These caves contain over 150 images of the Buddha of which the largest is the colossal figure of the Buddha carved out of rock spanning 14 meters and a spice garden in Matale, to see the different spices, which Sri Lanka is famous for. You will be introduced to different spices and shown how some of these spices are grown and processed – Check in at Hotel – Afternoon proceed on a sightseeing tour of Kandy visit the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens. This botanical garden was first built as a pleasure garden by a Sinhala king and was expanded by the British. It is 147 acres in extent and provides an amazing variety of trees, plants and flowers - Kandy was the last capital of the Sri Lankan kings, and is a World Heritage Site. The name Kandy conjures visions of splendor and magnificence. Many of the legends, traditions and folklore are still lovingly kept alive. Drive around the Kandy Lake built by the last Sinhala king Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe in 1798. Visit the Kandy town and Bazaar, the arts & crafts centre and a gem museum and a lapidary - In the evening visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic and thereafter witness a cultural show featuring traditional Sri Lankan dancing - Return to hotel for overnight stay.
Day 04 - Kandy / Transfer To Beach Or Departure Transfer
Breakfast at Hotel - Transfer to respective beach resort up to Bentota or to Airport to connect with your departure flight.
You may choose to spend more time on the beach in Sri Lanka or spend a last night in Colombo. Also Sri Lanka can easily be combined with the Maldives, less than an hour’s flight away, and boasting some of the world’s finest beach resorts. Alternatively, Sri Lanka’s closest neighbour, India, offers a host of attractions, including the world famous Taj Mahal. It is also possible to combine Sri Lanka with Dubai or some of the other Gulf States and South East Asia.
- Meet & assist Arrival/Departure transfer & Tour as per the Itinerary by air conditioned vehicle with services of an English-speaking chauffer Guide.
- 01/02 Pax – Car
- 03/06 Pax – Micro Van
- Accommodation in Hotels listed or similar on Twin sharing basis with a mandatory Single supplement from 02 to 06 Pax.
- Meal Plan on Bed/Breakfast basis (Daily Breakfast).
- Entrance fees to visit – Elephant Orphanage, Sigiriya Rock Fortress , Dambulla Rock Cave Temple. Royal Botanical Gardens, Temple of the Tooth, Kandyan Cultural Dance
- Mineral Bottle Water throughout the tour. (02 “500ml” Bottles Each Per Person Per Day)
- Wet Wipes. (01 Each Per Person on Arrival)
- Free Wi-Fi on the vehicle.
- Porterage, Service charge & Government tax.
- Visa for Sri Lanka, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application
- Return Airfare
- Travel Insurance
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above.
- Lunches & Dinner as per the itinerary.
- If transfer to Beach Resort end of tour Departure transfer from Beach resort
Selection of Hotels
- Negombo–Paradise Beach Resort or similar - Standard room
- Dambulla or Sigiriya - Kassapa Lion Rock or similar - Standard room
- Kandy – Swiss Residency or Similar - Standard room
- Negombo – Goldi Sands Hotel or similar - Standard room
- Dambulla or Sigiriya - Paradise Resort or similar - Standard room
- Kandy - Ozo Kandy or Similar - Standard room
Kandy Perahera Supplement; please note that if the stay at Kandy is coinciding with the Kandy Festival Season (Tentative dates of the Kandy Esala Perahera 29th July – 07th August 2017) a supplement to be added (Prices are variable hotel to hotel)