- TOUR HIGHLIGHTS:
- Explore Negombo beach and watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean
- See Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Visit Stunning Dambulla Rock Temple
- Visit Ancient city of Polonnaruwa
- Climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress , past ancient wall paintings and carved lion feet, before emerging to panoramic view of the Sri Lanka country side
- Visit holy city of Kandy and visit Temple of the Tooth Relic
- Witness traditional Kandyan dance with its vibrantly colourful dancers and musicians
- Driver to Nuwara Eliya – ‘ Little England and heart of the tea growing area
- Track leopard in the Yala National Park
- Visit Galle Dutch Fortress
You may choose to spend more time on the beach in Sri Lanka or spend a last night in Colombo. Also Sri Lanka can easily be combined with the Maldives, less than an hour’s flight away, and boasting some of the world’s finest beach resorts. Alternatively, Sri Lanka’s closest neighbour, India, offers a host of attractions, including the world famous Taj Mahal. It is also possible to combine Sri Lanka with Dubai or some of the other Gulf States and South East Asia.
Meet on arrival at Bandaranayke International Airport by Our Representative and transfer to Negombo – Check in at Hotel – Rest of the day at leisure – Overnight stay at Hotel.
Breakfast at Hotel – Leave for Dambulla or Sigiriya en route visit the Elephant Orphanage in Pinnawela - This orphanage is the home for about 89 elephants, out of which some are baby elephants found abandoned or orphaned in the wild. They are being cared, fed and trained by the wild life authorities. The best time to visit is during the feeding times, when one will have the opportunity of seeing the baby elephants being bottle-fed. Also could accompany the elephants to a river close-by and see them having their daily bath – Afternoon Climb the 5th century Sigiriya rock fortress which is a world heritage site, built by King Kashyapa (477-495 AD). The ‘Lion Rock’ is a citadel of unusual beauty rising 200 meters from the scrub jungle. The rock was the innermost stronghold of the 70 hectare fortified town. A moat, rampart, and extensive gardens including the renowned water gardens ring the base of the rock. Visit the world-renowned frescoes of the ‘Heavenly Maidens’ of Sigiriya, which are in a sheltered pocket of the rock approached by a spiral stairway. These frescoes are painted in earth pigments on plaster – Check in at Hotel – Overnight stay at Hotel.
Breakfast at Hotel – Leave for Polonnaruwa - Visit Polonnaruwa- Which was the 2nd capital city of Sri Lanka, built in the 11th and 12th centuries AD, and which is a world heritage site - Here you can see the ruins of the Royal Palace, the Gal Viharaya – where 4 splendid statues of the Buddha in ‘Upright’, ‘Sedentary’ and ‘Recumbent’ postures carved out of rock, the Audience Hall, the Lotus Bath, king Parakramabahu’s statue, and the Parakrama Samudraya lake built by King Parakramabahu the great. There are also monuments of famous places of worship such as the Shiva Temple, the Lankathilake, the Watadage, the Galpotha, the Kiri Vehera and the remains of a former Temple of the Tooth Relic - Return to hotel for overnight stay.
Breakfast at Hotel – Leave for Kandy en route visit the Dambulla Rock Temple. Climb up to the temple, which was donated by king Walagambahu in the 1st century BC to Buddhist monks. Dambulla is a World Heritage site and is the most impressive of Sri Lanka’s cave temples. The complex of five caves with over 2000 sq. meters of painted walls and the ceiling is the largest area of paintings found in the world. These caves contain over 150 images of the Buddha of which the largest is the colossal figure of the Buddha carved out of rock spanning 14 meters and a spice garden in Matale, to see the different spices, which Sri Lanka is famous for. You will be introduced to different spices and shown how some of these spices are grown and processed – Check in at Hotel – In the evening visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic and thereafter witness a cultural show featuring traditional Sri Lankan dancing - Return to hotel for overnight stay.
Breakfast at Hotel - Morning proceed on a sightseeing tour of Kandy visit the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens. This botanical garden was first built as a pleasure garden by a Sinhala king and was expanded by the British. It is 147 acres in extent and provides an amazing variety of trees, plants and flowers - Kandy was the last capital of the Sri Lankan kings, and is a World Heritage Site. The name Kandy conjures visions of splendor and magnificence. Many of the legends, traditions and folklore are still lovingly kept alive. Drive around the Kandy Lake built by the last Sinhala king Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe in 1798. Visit the Kandy town and Bazaar, the arts & crafts centre and a gem museum and a lapidary – Return to Hotel – Rest of the day at leisure – Overnight stay at Hotel.
Breakfast at Hotel – Leave for Nuwara Eliya en route visit a tea plantation and a tea factory, where the best tea in the world is produced. You will be told all about the process of manufacturing tea. You can also see how tea is graded. Taste a cup of pure Ceylon tea in the factory - On completion, proceed to Nuwara Eliya, because of its invigorating mountain climate and scenery, is Sri Lanka’s most popular hill resort. Nuwara Eliya is also the heart of Sri Lanka’s tea country producing a significant share of the world’s best tea. Sri Lanka’s highest mountain Pidurutalagala (8282 feet) is located here. Nuwara-Eliya also has one of the finest 18 hole golf courses in South Asia - Check in at Hotel – Evening leave on a sightseeing tour of Nuwara Eliya - Drive through "Little England” - Return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Breakfast at Hotel – Leave for Tissamaharama via Elle & Wellewaya – Check in at Hotel – Afternoon visit Yala National Park by Luxury Safari jeeps to witness game – Return to hotel for overnight stay.
Breakfast at Hotel – Leave for respective Beach resort up to Colombo en route visit Galle Dutch Fortress – Drop at Beach Resort or proceed to Airport to connect with your departure flight.
- Return International Flights
- Meet & assist Arrival/Departure transfer & Tour as per the Itinerary by air conditioned vehicle with services of an English-speaking chauffer Guide.
- 01/02 Pax – Car
- 03/06 Pax – Micro Van
- Accommodation in Hotels listed or similar on Twin sharing basis with a mandatory Single supplement from 02 to 06 Pax.
- Meal Plan on Bed/Breakfast basis (Daily Breakfast).
- Entrance fees to visit - Elephant Orphanage, Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Polonnaruwa, Dambulla Rock Cave Temple. Royal Botanical Gardens, Temple of the Tooth, Kandyan Cultural Dance, Yala National Park Jeep safari at Yala National Park
- Mineral Bottle Water throughout the tour. (02 “500ml” Bottles Each Per Person Per Day)
- Wet Wipes. (01 Each Per Person on Arrival)
- Free Wi-Fi on the vehicle.
- Porterage, Service charge & Government tax.
- Visa for Sri Lanka, please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details / submit your individual visa application
- Travel Insurance
- Tips, bar, laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenses not specified above. Lunches & Dinner as per the itinerary.
- Lunches & Dinner as per the itinerary.
- If transfer to Beach Resort end of tour Departure transfer from Beach resort
Selection of Hotels
- Negombo – Paradise Beach Resort or similar - Standard room
- Dambulla or Sigiriya - Kassapa Lion Rock or similar - Standard room
- Kandy – Swiss Residency or Similar - Standard room
- Nuwara Eliya – Avian Breeze or similar
- Tissamaharama – Tamarind Tree or similar
- Negombo – Goldi Sands Hotel or similar - Standard room
- Dambulla or Sigiriya - Paradise Resort or similar - Standard room
- Kandy - Ozo Kandy or Similar - Standard room
- Nuwara Eliya – Grand Hotel
- Tissamaharama – Laaya Safari or similar
Kandy Perahera Supplement; please note that if the stay at Kandy is coinciding with the Kandy Festival Season (Dates are to be advised) a supplement to be added (Prices are variable hotel to hotel)