- TOUR HIGHLIGHTS:
- African Safari Experience
- Duration - ± 11,5 hours (duration of tour includes travelling time to/from Pilanesberg Game Reserve)
- Guide - English speaking THETA accredited
- Includes - Entrance Fees: Pilanesberg National Park Conservation Fees Excursion: 3hr Open vehicle safari Lunch
- Excludes - Optional Note The open vehicle game drive will be on a scheduled basis. Additional costs will apply to provide the activity on a private basis.
The Pilanesberg National Park, which covers some 55 000 hectares, is the fourth largest in southern Africa. This malariafree park is perched on the eroded vestiges of an alkaline volcanic crater – one of only three such craters in the world. Apart from the ‘Big Five’ you may find cheetah, hippo, crocodile and even sable during your drive.
Duration - ± 11,5 hours (duration of tour includes travelling time to/from Pilanesberg Game Reserve)
Depart Johannesburg in the early morning and transfer to the Pilanesberg National Park. The journey takes approximately 3 hours per way. Upon arrival at Manyane Gate, board the open safari vehicle and meet your ranger for a 3 hour open vehicle game drive. Upon conclusion of your authentic safari, enjoy lunch at the restaurant before heading out into the Park yet again on board the closed touring vehicle for the remainder of the day. Majestic hills encircle the park and a large central watering hole is ideal for game viewing. The park is found in the transition zone of the Kalahari and the Lowveld, and therefore both types of vegetation are found. Pilanesberg National Park is home to the Big Five and other large game including giraffe, hippo, zebra and crocodile, as well as an extreme diversity of birdlife (over 300 species have been recorded). A visit to the park is always rewarding! There are hides and picnic spots where you may stop and stretch your legs.
Around 15h00, depart Pilanesberg National Park and head back to Johannesburg where the tour ends with drop-off at your hotel around 18h00.