Six Senses Zighy Bay Resort
Six Senses Zighy Bay Resort is located on the northern Musandam Peninsula in the Sultanate of Oman. is set on a 1.6 km stretch of sandy beach fringed with dramatic rocky mountains. Its design was inspired by a traditional Omani village, with palmshaded laneways and sandy tracks amongst the villas.
Private and relaxing are words that begin to describe the traditional villas and suites built of natural stone and timber. The Omani-style enclaves invite unwinding in the cool indoors under high traditional-style ceilings, in the colorfully cushioned living area and on organic Naturalmat bed made with fine unbleached cotton sheets topped with your choice of ergonomic pillows. Refresh outside within the privacy of high cobblestone walls, on plumped up sun loungers and shaded dining area by the private plunge pool.
- Pool Villa (33 villas)
- Pool Villa Beachfront (16 villas)
- Spa Pool Villa (2 villas)
- Spa Pool Villa Beachfront (1 villa)
- Pool Villa Suite (2 villas)
- Spa Pool Villa Suite (1 villa)
- Pool Villa Suite Beachfront (9 villas)
- Zighy Pool Villa (8 villas)
- Zighy Spa Pool Villa (2 villas)
- Zighy Pool Villa Suite (2 villas)
- Zighy Pool Villa Suite Beachfront (1 villa)
- Zighy Spa Pool Villa Suite Beachfront (2 villas)
- Direct beach access with majestic views of the Gulf of Oman (for beachfront villas)
- One-bedroom villa with living area, open plan with en-suite bathroom
- Personal in-villa spa for Six Senses Spa treatments and shower steam room
- Terracotta over-sized bath tub
- Outdoor Shower
- Private garden with relaxing sun lounges and outdoor dining area
- Large daybed sofa in the living area
- Individually controlled air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Personal safe, hairdryer and espresso machine
- IDD Telephone, wireless internet and cordless phone
- CD, DVD Home Integrated Theatre System
- Flat panel TV with satellite channels
- Private wine cellar
Speciality Villas & Suites
The Retreat (2 villas)
The two Retreats are located at either end of beautiful Zighy Bay and are overlooking the sea. These wonderful havens offer an unsurpassed level of comfort and privacy. They are a blend of the surrounding traditional Omani, indigenous village style with modern amenities which provide a relaxing lifestyle amidst local cultural themes.
The Private Reserve, Beit Musandam (1 villa)
Located at the secluded end of Zighy Bay on its own stretch of private beach, Beit Musandam has been carefully designed to reflect the traditional local Omani architecture. With its four bedrooms, the Private Reserve - the largest of its type in the Middle East – offers a variety of separate living and dining room areas for entertaining, a private spa suite, a gym, a yoga studio, a wine cellar, staff quarters, a 60-feet (17-meter) infinity swimming pool and live-in GEM (Guest Experience Maker).
Restaurants and Bars
Sense On The Edge
The mountaintop, contemporary fine dining restaurant is the perfect place to enjoy a very memorable evening with a jaw-dropping view situated almost 950 feet above sea level. A unique menu accompanied with varieties of wines either to be enjoyed indoor or alfresco style. Private tables are available just a few flights of steps closer to the moon and stars.
Spice Market offers delicacies from the culinary world of Arabia. Enjoy breakfast and dinner in a relaxed Arabic environment highlighted with bold colors and traditional mud kitchen.
Summer House is the favorite spot for a crisp lunch, afternoon bite, refreshing drink and a fulfilling dinner. During the cooler months lunch and dinner is best enjoyed outdoors with views of the pool and wadi.
Zighy Bar offers classic, modern, local and organic mocktails and cocktails accompanied by delicious mouth watering tapas throughout the day and evening while overlooking wadi and the pool.
Arabic regional cuisine has often been described as being among the best in the world for its variety, taste and simplicity, and this Bedouin-style setting on the beach is a unique way to enjoy it.
We’ll set for two or as many as eight among some of the world's most diverse varietals in cellar. master sommelier also hosts regular tastings.
- Airport arrival meet and greet, and limousine transfers
- Paragliding, speed boat or 4x4 arrival experiences
- A large central fresh water swimming pool with poolside service offering meals, beverages and homemade ice creams
- The only salt water pool in GCC with poolside service offering meals, beverages and homemade ice creams
- Award-winning Six Senses Spa:
- 2 Arabian-style Hammams at the Six Senses Spa inspired by
centuries of tradition
- Modern gymnasium and fitness instructor
- Yoga pavilion with on site yoga master
- Spa retail center
- Exclusive souk at Boutique, an Oman market for a unique culture shopping experience
- Library with printer, wireless Internet access and a wide selection of movies, music CDs, DVDs, books and magazines
- Multi-lingual hosts
- Laundry services
- On site nurse
- Experiences department provides a wide range of activities within the resort and amazing excursions to places of interest in Musandam and the surrounding regions
- Chaica’s Club for kids and Al Feetean’s Club for teens
- Babysitter services
- 1 mile (1.6 km) private sandy beach on one side, the dramatic Hajar mountains on the other
- Beach service
- Tennis court, jungle gym, playground area, water sports center, diving center
- Dibba Farm and Organic Garden
- GEM (Guest Experience Maker) by villa team - our team will ensure your every request is taken care of. From a private dining experience on a secluded Oman bay to a breathtaking dinner for two at an altitude of over 950 ft. (290 m.) overlooking Zighy Bay
- 3 Bars
- 3 Restaurants inclusive of an award winning fine dining restaurant, Sense On The Edge
- Meeting facilities for up to 20 people