Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort
Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort lies at the foot of the majestic Hajar Mountains; where they meet the blue waters of the Indian Ocean. The Hajar Mountains are most spectacular during the winter months when the trees and shrubs burst into life; forming a mosaic of colour along the hillside.
Just 45 kilometers separate Fujairah City from the Resort and a 90 minute drive is all it takes to reach Dubai. Both can be accessed via the scheduled shuttle services running from the Resort. Natural attractions reveal ancient fjords, spectacular dive sites, palm groves, picturesque waterfalls, hot springs and an abundance of historical landmarks.
Every one of the Resort's 218 rooms offers floor-to-ceiling windows inviting spectacular sea views beyond the gardens, pool and private beach. Room sizes vary from 48 sq m Classic room to the 750 sq m Presidential Suite:
- 42 Classic Rooms : 48 sq metres with a sea view
- 88 Superior Rooms: 48 sq metres with sea view and a private balcony
- 42 Family Rooms: 48 sq metres with sea view and a private balcony
- 35 Royal Club Rooms: 48 sq metres with sea view and a private balcony located on five exclusive floors. Guests of the Royal Club can enjoy a wide range of exclusive services including express check-in and check-out, free high speed internet, complimentary refreshments throughout the day, access to the Royal Club Lounge with its daily happy hour in the evening
- 10 Executive Suites: 98 sq metres, with extraordinary views from each private terrace and balcony. In addition to the Royal Club facilities, every suite has living and dining facilities and is equipped with a kitchenette; making it ideal for families
- 1 Presidential Suite: 750 square metres of private luxury; three bedrooms, a large living room, lounge, dining room and a private jacuzzi. The layout was created by a leading Italian designer and the custom made furniture was crafted in Italy.
All rooms have satellite TV, a computer port, safety box, IDD telephone, walk-in wardrobe, Tea/Coffee making facilities, DVD Player and refreshment centre. Guests can also benefit from 24-hour room dining, leaving them free to use their time as they wish.
Restaurants & Bars
There are a wide range of restaurants and bars within the Resort, catering for every mood or occasion, including:
Inspired by the intricate art of the expert Thai kitchen, Taste, the hotel's signature restaurant, offers culinary adventure. Serving mouth-watering dishes in stylish surroundings; there is a licensed bar with live music and dining al fresco during the cooler months.
Sapore nestles among the beautiful gardens and swimming pools, offering a perfect lunchtimeretreat away from the midday sun, or alfresco dining for sun lovers. An excellent selection of light meals, sandwiches, pizzas and drinks are offered during the daytime.
An elegant Indian restaurant offering authentic cuisine in a contemporary atmosphere. The exotic blend of herbs and spices and the intricate preparatory methods are all intended to let the aromas and flavours sink into both the fare and your senses.
Gonu Bar and Grill:
On the shores of our private beach offering an exquisite selection of snacks, light meals and refreshing drinks. While dining, guest will be treated to stunning views of the Indian Ocean, making it a perfect place to enjoy sunset and relax under the stars.
An outdoor complex with a bar and Grill (Gonu Bar), offering alfresco dining, an Italian Restaurant (Sapore), a beach bar, a pool bar and a shisha bar during the day and sea food specialty dining in the evening. Special moon light dinners are organized at the beach by the team on requestwith customized settings.
Offering some of the finest East-meets- West fusion fare this side of the Gulf. Views is set in a vast and atmospheric space with live music; allowing diners to enjoy a far reaching vista of the hotel gardens and sea beyond. Guests have endless choice in the extensive and elaborate buffet - served at breakfast, lunch & supper time - as well as a BBQ in the cooler months.
Gaze at the stars at Astro's. Le Méridien's top floor bar overlooks the Indian Ocean and provides a wide range of innovative drink options including cocktails, regional beers and a choice from an extensive wine list - as well as several inspired non-alcoholic mixes.
Hotel Features & Activities
Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort provides a variety of leisure facilities from kayaking to yoga
- A professional dive centre offering to Discover the wonders of scuba diving in Arabia's clear warm waters, under the professional supervision of a PADI instructor. Literally teaming with fascinating marine life, you'll dive in the tropical waters off the coast of Le Meridien Al Aqah. Certified divers can explore the wreck just off the hotel beach, see a new underwater world during a night dive, or take an adventure day trip to the Musandam.
- Beach and water sports include volleyball, banana boat rides, donut rides, water skiing, boat cruises, fishing charters, snorkelling trips, sailing and crazy golf.
On land, the Resort boasts:
- A fully equipped health club with gymnasium, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi
- Large free-form swimming pool with deep and shallow area.
- Three floodlit tennis courts and a squash court
- A variety of indoor pursuits including the Games Room and Cinema Room
- Dance aerobics, personal training, body sculpting, and stretch and tone' at the Wellness Centre, Spa Al Aqah
Off-site guests can enjoy:
- Traditional dhow cruises along the coast
- Mountain biking or hiking in the Hajar Mountains
- Coastal and heritage discovery tours
- City excursions for shopping and sight-seeing
- 'Wadi bashing'; a four-wheel drive expedition
- Dinner in the desert, seated in a traditional Bedouin tent
Penguin Club For Kids:
It's not just grown-ups who benefit from first class amenities at Le Méridien Al Aqah Beach Resort. The Penguin Club aims to give children the chance to make the most of their holiday too; all under the watchful eyes of qualified child minders.
The Club, which has its own secure indoor and outdoor play area and covered splash pool, provides fun and educational programmes of activity.
The entertainment includes mini basketball, balloon blasting, sandcastle competitions, supervised water sports and treasure hunts. More sedate activities include paper and painting contests, puzzles and face painting .
Children can catch up with their favourite cartoons or films in their very own Movie Room or enjoy their favourite game in the Games Room. The daily programme of events runs from 9am to 6pm and a special Penguin Club menu is available all day.
The Club can also provide baby-sitting facilities in the evening, for parents wanting to place their children in safe hands, while they make the most of restaurant or nightlife options at the Resort.
Al Aqah Challenge
Equipped with a Double Climbing wall, an Abseiling wall, 7m All Aboard, two Zip-lines and a Quick Jump, you will surely enjoy the “Al Aqah Challenge” Located onsite, this is the first of its kind to hit the region with a magnificent view of the ocean on one side and the Hajar Mountains on the other.
The Spa is staffed by a team of internationally trained and experienced therapists. The Resort's exclusive Spa gives guests the opportunity to enjoy an unparalleled array of 'wellness' therapies. Treatments range from natural marine based ingredients by Phytomer to remineralise and relax your body and exotic from Shiatsu,Balinese and European massages, facials to Ayurveda.
Spa in your Room
Those looking for a truly indulgent experience can sample the Al Aqah Spa Bath menu. The team will transform a guest's bathroom into a private spa with decoration, music and rose petals. Melt into the tub, soothe body and mind while listening to the relaxing music.
Options include the silky smooth Chocolate Bath, creamy Milk Indulgence Bath, Ultimate Sensuous Bath and the invigorating Vitality Bath.
Shallow Pool maintenance - unexpected:
Partial Pool Maintenance during ramadan.
Start Date – 15th. May 2018
Estimated Completion Date – 15th. June 2018
Important Note: Only shallow pool section will be closed for the maintenance work, Main Swimming Pool remains OPEN.
Expected minimal noise level, and low levels of disturbance to our mutual guests. Areas of work will be partitioned and covered.
The remaining part of the pool will be in full operation for our guests to enjoy.
The information about the hotel mentioned in this page is subject to change. For up-to-date information of the hotel, please call us on Free Phone.