Kanuhura island set on the warm Indian Ocean, in the middle of the bright atolls of the Maldives , can be described as a unique “timeless castaway chic experience” for travellers seeking laid-back island living. The forces of the elements are the architects of this true paradise, a place of beautiful, natural enchantment. 150 km north of the capital Male in Lhaviyani Atoll and scenic 40 min seaplane flight from Male to this resort.
- Guest Bikes (for Villas)
- Villa Host Service
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- 2 bottles of water per villa per day, tea and Nespresso facilities in the villa
- Access to the fitness center and games room and use of the tennis court (lessons, rental equipment and floodlights chargeable)
- Complimentary access to the Kanuhura seaplane lounge upon arrival at the seaplane terminal (including soft drinks and snacks)
Kanuhura has been designed to offer ultimate 5-star accommodation and complete immersion into its pristine, natural surroundings.
Luxury villas and suites are dotted along both the sunset and sunrise side of the world-famous Kanuhura beach and boast breath-taking views of the turquoise lagoon.
- Beach Bungalows (75 sqm) 12
- Beach Villas (90 sqm) 10
- Water Villas (140 sqm) 18
- Beach Pool Villas (120 sqm) 18
- Water Pool villas (165 sqm) 2
- Retreat Beach Pool Villas (290 sqm) 6
- Grand Beach villas | 2 bedrooms (270 sqm) 1
- Grand Beach Pool Villas | 2 Bedrooms (250 sqm) 6
- Retreat Grand Beach Pool Villa 2 Bedrooms (370 sqm) 5
- Retreat Family Beach Pool Villa 3 Bedroom (620 sqm) 1
- Sanctuary Pool Villa | 3 Bedroom (715 sqm) 1
All have a semi-open bathroom with bathtub, separate indoor or outdoor shower, hair dryer, bathrobe, TV, telephone, complimentary Internet access, air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini bar and safe.
Restaurants and Bars
Kanuhura has long been regarded for its exceptional cuisine and extensive variety, offering 8 exquisite culinary experiences throughout.
A Mano offers an impressive selection of pan-Asian and international cuisine, using the freshest produce and ingredients
Bottega is the perfect place to enjoy tantalizing cuisine in true Italian style.
Veli creatively and contemporarily interprets traditional Asian-Fusion cuisine, with a unique, beach-front dining location
Drift offers the best in grilled delights, located on a private castaway island just a 3 minute boat trip from Kanuhura’s shores. Perfection really is enjoying a meal in this secluded, tropical gem.
Infinity pool bar boasts one of Maldives’ largest selection of local and international cocktails.
One of the most incredible places to watch the sun go down and the coolest place to chill during the day
It offers a host of delicious teas, freshly-brewed coffees, sandwiches and sweet-tooth delights – ice creams, freshly baked pastries and cakes, you name it.
Chef’s Herb Garden
A gorgeously lush vegetable garden, one large shared table: this organic mood sets the tone for the Chef’s Herb Garden, a restaurant specializing in fresh herbs and aromatic flavours.
Activities & Recreational Facilities
- A splendid fresh water swimming pool
- Two floodlit tennis courts
- Games Room (including pool table, dart, mini football and table tennis)
- Private Island Masleggihura
- Watersports (catamaran sailing & lesson, dolphin safari, banana fun tube rides, canoes, jet ski, private speedboat excursion, water-skiing, wakeboard, stand up paddeling, windsurfing)
- A wide array of sports and leisure including excursions such as snorkeling tours, big game fishing, island hopping, private island picnics, sunset cruises
The exceptional Kokaa Wellness Retreat & Spa offers an exclusive retreat for those seeking the ultimate in pampering and relaxation. Elegant, nature-inspired décor, delicate scents, soft fabrics and nature’s purest ingredients combine to uplift the body and mind.
The exceptional kids club at Kanuhura is conveniently and centrally located, near the resort’s reception area and a few metres from the pristine, idyllic beach.
Islander discoveries in the international kids club offering imaginative entertainment for kids from 4 to 11 years with a unique program of educative experiences around the elements, unlimited nature discoveries and fun games in the unique Kanuhura kids islander lifestyle.
There are also weekly cooking classes, arts and crafts workshops, fishing trips, movie nights (set under the incredible Maldivian night sky), scavenger hunts and chocolate making classes included in the kids club programme. At the K Club, every day promises a new and exhilarating experience.
There is also a splash pool ornately decorated by a three-metre high purple flower “waterfall” and a wonderful wooden jungle gym, which curious and active kids can enjoy to their hearts’ content.