Day 1 - Arrive
Transfer to Hilton Hotel, Nairobi – Overnight in the Hotel.
Day 2 – Nairobi - Amboseli
A Wildlife Safari representative will meet you after immigration and customs. Safari briefing follows and immediately after depart and drive to Amboseli National Park arriving at Amboseli Sopa Lodge in time for lunch. The lodge nestles in the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro; Africa’s highest and most famous snow-capped mountain. Enjoy the afternoon game viewing drive in the park.
Enjoy your first game drive this afternoon in the Amboseli National Park returning to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Overnights – Amboseli Sopa Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 3 – Amboseli
Dawn game viewing in Amboseli with the possibility of a clear view of Mount Kilimanjaro’s snow covered summit. Return to your lodge for a late breakfast and spend the rest of the morning relaxing by the swimming pool. Another game viewing drive late this afternoon possibly around the many lakes and springs fed by Kilimanjaro’s melting snows. With its awesome view of Mount Kilimanjaro (Africa's highest mountain at 5,895m), Amboseli National Park offers a unique and breathtaking backdrop for viewing Africa's animals both large and small in abundance. Birdlife include pelican, Egyptian goose, African skimmers, red and yellow bishops, goshawks, buffalo weavers and palm nut vultures to name a few.
Overnights – Amboseli Sopa Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 4 – Lake Naivasha
Depart immediately after breakfast and drive to Lake Naivasha arriving at Lake Naivasha Sopa Resort in time for lunch. This beautiful Resort is the perfect place for a safari in the breathtaking surrounding landscape. It offers an ideal base to explore Naivasha and the nearby places of interest. The Resort offers luxury accommodation that fits in perfectly with the natural surroundings. Afternoon will be at leisure. Daily activities are readily available at a small fee and include; bird watching, visits to crescent Island, boat rides, sundowners and fishing. Dinner and overnight at your lodge.
Overnights – Lake Naivasha Sopa Resort (B,L,D)
Day 5 – Mara
Early morning breakfast and drive along the floor of the Great Rift Valley to the Masai Mara National Reserve. Arrive at Mara Sopa Lodge in time for lunch. The Lodge follows the design of traditional Maasai-houses featuring high conical rustic thatched roofs and round walls, styled to echo the colors and cultural artifacts of the Maasai people with central fire places. The rooms are spread out along the hilltop and each has a private balcony with a view over the Oloolaimutia Valley. In the afternoon, proceed for a game viewing drive in this part of the Masai Mara ecosystem before returning to your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Overnights – Mara Sopa Lodge (B,L,D)
Day 6 – Mara
Spend the day game viewing in the Mara with morning and afternoon game drives inclusive. All meals and overnight at the camp. Your Wildlife Safari guide may suggest a longer game viewing drive with a picnic lunch from your safari lodge. The Masai Mara Game Reserve is named after the Maasai people who are the traditional inhabitants of the area. The “Mara” in Maa language means “spotted” as an apt description for the circle of trees, scrub, savannah and cloud shadows that mark the area. Mara is well known for its breathtaking spectacle of the annual wildebeest migration. Technically, the Mara is an extension of Tanzania’s Serengeti National Park thus offering one of the world’s most rewarding wildlife arenas. The Mara River, Talek and Sand River are major rivers that drain the reserve. Hippos submerge in the river while crocodile sunbathe on the riverbanks, mouth agape and waiting for prey at which to strike with lightning swiftness.
Overnights – Mara Sopa Lodge
Day 7 – Mara – Nairobi
Hilton Hotel, overnight in the hotel.
Day 8 – Nairobi
After breakfast transfer to Nairobo Airport for your flight home.
- Accommodations indicated in the attached itinerary with private bathrooms throughout
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (B,L,D) as indicated in the itinerary
- Additional special meals arranged by Wildlife Safari at unique venues (excluding beverages)
- All ground transport by custom designed Wildlife Safari 4WD vehicles in Kenya
- All Wildlife Safari Kenya 4WD safari vehicles are equipped with WiFi at no additional cost
- Services of the finest guides during all sightseeing excursions and game viewing activities
- Anytime access to a Wildlife Safari local representative
- All escorted sightseeing excursions and game viewing activities outlined in the itinerary
- All required entrance fees, wildlife sanctuary fees, government taxes and statutory charges
- All airport transfers with our landside “meet & greet” service on arrival and departure
- All international and domestic airfares with taxes not outlined in the above inclusions
- Cost of comprehensive travel insurance which Wildlife Safari strongly recommends
- All items of a personal nature including beverages, gratuities, laundry and shopping
- All passport and visa application fees, vaccination and medical consulting fees
- All international departure taxes collected at airport of departure (if applicable)