Top 10 Tips When Planning Your Honeymoon
1. Plan together! Get to know each other’s likes and dislikes. It’s for you both to enjoy and build excitement for.
List some potential destinations, make checklists and draw up a list of pros and cons.
2. Plan well in advance. You don’t want honeymoon stress combined with wedding stress, so do your best to avoid this by having everything booked and packed in advance.
It’s a once in a lifetime thing so prioritise it and book at least 6 months in advance. As it is, booking early = less stress, more variety and better deals!
3. Have a fixed budget from the start. Plan a realistic budget taking many things into consideration for example if you would prefer to book a more expensive, luxury resort and not partake in many activities out there, or if you’d prefer to have a lovely but slightly cheaper resort leaving you more money to spend on activities and excursions.
Try to plan your average daily spend. Bear in mind that if you book all-inclusive, you will be spending less on food.
4. Keep an eye on the forecast. If you don’t mind a bit of rain here and there then that’s fine, but make sure you still check the weather in advance just in case there’s anything worse than a slight shower.
Check more than one source as some forecasting may be inaccurate. Also ask us what we know about the weather of where you are looking to go.
5. From ‘Miss’ to ‘Mrs’. Yes, don’t forget you may be changing your name. The name you give us for the booking must be the same name on your passport. You will probably need a marriage certificate to change your name therefore if you are going on your honeymoon straight after your wedding then you may need to travel with your current passport name.
If you are getting your passport changed, be sure to send it off early enough to receive it before your honeymoon.
6. Why Luxury Holidays? For the holiday of a lifetime, you need to choose a travel agency that will guide you through everything, and we will do exactly that. Our advice and recommendations, may even help you in decision-making!
Ask us all the questions you want, that’s what we’re here for!
7. Travel with insurance. Although it’s unlikely that much will go wrong, it’s always better to be safe than sorry especially on such an important holiday. Even if it’s something minor like a delayed flight or something big like lost baggage, you’d probably want to be covered.
Compare insurance rates, you don’t have to spend that much if you don’t want to, you’d be surprised how cheap some travel insurance quotes can be.
8. Do your own research. This one is quite obvious and I’m sure you would have done a lot of this in the planning process. Before booking the hotel/resort, just be sure to check that it has the privacy and seclusion you want. The last thing you need is your alone time as newlyweds being disturbed.
Again, we can be of huge help with this too. You should be able to specify yours and your partner’s dream honeymoon and we will work to get it for you.
9. Limit phone time. There’s nothing that compares to your honeymoon and the closest you can get to re-living it is through memories, pictures and videos. Although these are absolutely vital, this doesn’t mean you should be snapping away every minute of your honeymoon. No, get your quality time as newlyweds. Maybe just have your camera ready sometimes.
Make sure you have film in your camera and space on your phone. Try to set a limit to phone use each day. Whoever uses their phone the most has to buy the drinks!
10. Enjoy yourselves! Make the most of this time. It’s an amazing feeling and I can assure you that time will fly once you’re married. Just make sure you treasure every moment and take the time to appreciate and take in everything that has happened.
Don’t forget you’re starting a new adventure with your best friend. Make every second count!