Dubai of the United Arab Emirates enjoys being the first world-class destination designed with applied science, sophisticated modern engineering and almost unlimited oil-wealth resources to deliver a unique experience to each visitor and world traveller. You can tailor your visit for the ultimate single, couple, group or family excursion and a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. Regardless of your interests and hobbies, Dubai holidays have become the standard by which other destinations are now judged.
You can explore a kaleidoscope of cultures in a land where camels roam free, spice- and gold-selling souks attract hagglers from around the world and visitors enjoy designer boutique shopping, upscale resorts, family theme parks and private beaches on the beautiful Arabian Gulf.
A visit to Dubai is not complete without a visit to the awe inspiring Burj Khalifa in Downtown Dubai. Not only is it the tallest tower in the world, it is accompanied by the stunning displays of the The Dubai Fountain and Dubai Mall, the world’s largest mall with entertainment complex.
Holidays to Dubai offer every comfort and attraction imaginable including Arabian adventures, desert safaris, aquariums and water parks, ice skating, mountains and historical and educational facilities that rival or surpass any destination in the world. Traditionalists can enjoy golf, beach life, café culture, retail therapy and luxurious pampering. Dubai culture has evolved to include the best of contemporary travel while offering adventurous holidaymakers unique opportunities such as dune bashing, day-trip and overnight desert safaris, visits with Bedouin nomads and exotic camel riding and sand boarding.
Best Time for Dubai Holidays
Dubai is sub-tropical, with sunshine year-round. June to August is the hottest time of year but also the best time to pick up amazing hotel deals. All hotels, shops, attractions and transport are comfortably air conditioned. The winter months (September to May) are pleasantly warm, with daytime average in January around 24c.
Dubai is known for its man-made marvels – such as Burj Khalifa, The Palm Jumeirah and Burj Al Arab – shopping malls and five-star beach resorts, but it is the diversity of the offer across various themes that make the emirate an ideal holiday destination.
Gastronomy - With hundreds of world-class restaurants and stylish bars and clubs to choose from, Dubai is a city where gastronomy and nightlife thrive.
- 5,400 restaurants and cafes – more added every month
- Culinary journey of 200 nationalities that live in Dubai
- Emirati, home-grown and international eateries that caters to all price brackets
Shopping – much more than retail therapy: it’s a remarkable sightseeing, cultural, gastronomic and entertaining experience
- More than 95 shopping malls, including the world’s largest mall with entertainment complex (Dubai Mall)
- Full spectrum from historic souks to ultra-modern malls
Family Entertainment – Dubai is a destination that provides once-in-a-lifetime experiences that will create family memories that last for generations. Where else can you play on the beach in the morning, go skiing or snowboarding at lunchtime, explore the desert in the afternoon and then watch dancing fountains reach to the skies underneath the world’s tallest tower?
- Rub noses with dolphins at Atlantis; meet a colony of penguins at Ski Dubai; see a dinosaur exhibit, a giant octopus and a King Croc at The Dubai Mall; explore the desert in a 4x4; ride a camel; and enjoy authentic Emirati hospitality with a sumptuous buffet as the sun sets
- Two of the world’s top ten waterparks – Aquaventure and Wild Wadi
- Family life is backbone of society – one of the safest cities in the world
Culture: The Arts and Heritage – home to over 200 nationalities, Dubai has a culture in which global traditions, attitudes, customers, religions and lifestyle have merged harmoniously, while still being rooted in Arabian heritage
- Sites to visit: Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding; Dhow Museum; Dubai Museum; Dubai Heritage Village; Dubai Creek; Dubai’s Souqs; and Jumeirah Mosque
- Falconry is a local sport that shows off the skill of both the falcon and his handler
- The Arts: Art Dubai (March); Sikka Art Fair (March); Dubai International Film Festival (Dec); Al Quoz Art District; Al Fahidi District; Dubai Museum; Coffee Museum Al Fahidi District
Hotels & Spas – with more than 634 hotel establishments, from five-star beach resort to desert retreat; city centre luxury to 3 & 4 star quality properties, Dubai caters to all
- Extensive portfolio of global hotel brands, including Hilton, Intercontinental and 14 Starwood properties
- e.g Homegrown brands such as Jumeirah – creators of Burj Al Arab; Rotana; Meydan; Emaar – Address Hotels, Vida Hotels and Resorts and Manzil
- Iconic hotels such as Burj Al Arab and Atlantis, The Palm
Outdoor – Beach and Marine - City wide close proximity to beach and marine life and year round sunshine and beach access
- Diversity of beach offering: Public beaches; Hotel beaches; Beach parks; Sports beaches; Ladies beaches; Retail beach promenades and Water parks
- Heritage: Pearl diving and trading route at Dubai Creek – the old heart of the city
- Experience: Music festivals; Dining; Shopping; Art; Sporting events
Outdoor – Sport and Adventure - Whether a daring adrenaline junkie, an adventure seeker or simply someone looking to enjoy the great outdoors – Dubai is the perfect playground
- Dubai incorporates a cloudless sky; an endless desert, rugged mountains, the waters of the Arabian Gulf and remarkable championship sporting facilities
- Adrenalin sports: Ski Dubai; Skydive Dubai; and iFLY Dubai
- International Tournaments: Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships; Dubai Marathon; Indian Premier League (Inaugural 2013); Omega Desert Classic; and Dubai World Cup
- Traditional sports: Dubai Camel Racing Festival; Falconry; Archery and Equestrian
Events and Festivals: Almost every weekend Dubai hosts at least one remarkable event, with a calendar encompassing arts and sport, food and books, music and lights, heritage, fashion and shopping.
- Citywide Festivals:
- Dubai Shopping Festival (Jan) 20th Anniversary in 2015; 2nd Dubai Food Festival (Feb 2015); Dubai Summer Surprises and Mhodesh World (July to Aug); Ramadan and Eid In Dubai (date changes); Motor Festival (Nov); National Day Celebrations (Dec);
- Music Events:
- RedFest (Feb); Dubai Classics (Feb Emirates International Jazz Festival (March); Gulf Music Festival (March); Blended (April); Sandance Season Oct-May;
- Sports Events:
- Dubai Desert Classic (Jan–Feb);Dubai Marathon (Jan); Dubai World Cup (March); Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships (Feb-March); Dubai Camel Racing Festival (April); Dubai Rugby Sevens (Nov)
- Art and Cultural Events:
- Art Dubai (March); Emirates Airline Festival of Literature (March); Middle East Film and Comic Con (April); Dubai International Film Festival (Dec); evolving calendar of events: international artists, ballet, opera
New Passenger Facilities Charge at Dubai International Airport - View More